Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Why This Title?

Okay, this is the second try and this. I'll get it down eventually. So, maybe you're asking why title my blog "The Old Peanut Bag". Several years ago I typed an article via e-mail by this title reporting on Matthew's baseball games at Raytown South High School. It was a way to inform family and friends of games outcomes, especially relating to Matthews activities and performances in the game. By his senior year the article had taken on a different feel, reporting about the team and its accomplishments in addition to what Matthew was doing as part of the team.
In writing this blog I hope to cover some new ground. Primarily it will be an opportunity to share information about my Dad with my three children; Jennifer, Susan, Matthew and their families. The story will begin in 1979 and work its way back in time. Hopefully I will be able to stay regular with it and share with you lots of information, good stories and yes, humor.
Jim/James/Grandpa -30-

3 comments:

  1. -30- is an old newspaper term. There was a gentleman in Linn, MO who wrote a newspaper column and always signed of with "-30-". He said it was a way that reporters would send their news articles across the newswire or teletype and -30- was an indication their article was done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, thanks for starting this blog. I'm really enjoying it. :o)
    You're wonderful at telling stories - especially ones from your past.

    ReplyDelete